Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Evening/Night Shift
Provides care to patients as assigned by supervisors and given on the physician’s written order for both in patient and out patient care.
1. Responsible for the safe and effective administration of medically prescribed medications, knowing their indications and contraindications.
Assures proper physician order before administration of medication as evidenced by QA.
2. Knows and follows the indications and contraindications, the policy and procedures in administering all therapeutic modalities to include: Nebulizer, CPT, Flutter Valve, CPAP/BiPAP, High Flow, invasive and noninvasive ventilation.
Assures proper physician order before treatment administered as evidenced by QA.
Discontinues treatment if any adverse or contraindication noted and documented in patient chart at time of occurrence as well as notifying the appropriate staff member, i.e., nurse, physician.
3. Sets up and monitors all oxygen aerosol administration
Maintains oxygen cylinders in proper carriers at all times as observed by manager.
Gauges are to be checked each shift to assure proper working condition. Broken gauges are to be replaced immediately, broken gauge placed in container for broken equipment and marked.
4. Be a member of the “code team” responding to arrest situations.
Maintains current BLS, ACLS, PALS and NRP cards.
Performs external compression when needed in a code situation.
Intubates patient when needed in a code situation
Proper handling and usage of hand resuscitator and assures proper function during code. Utilizes proper technique as observed/reported by code team participants.
5. Performs all aspects of artificial airway care. Able to perform deep blind tracheal suctioning on patients.
6. Familiar with measuring devices to include, but not limited to, pulse oximeter, Wrights respirometer, oxygen blenders.
According to policy and procedure upon physician’s written order oxygen Sat. obtains values and documents in patient records.
According to policy and procedure upon physician’s written request obtains mechanics with Wrights respirometer, manometer, cuff/pressure, and documents in patient’s records.
7. Responsible for the set up, safety check, monitoring, and troubleshooting of mechanical ventilators.
Upon physician’s written order, sets up parameter on ventilator, pressure check, and documents in patient’s flow sheet.
Performs ventilator checks every three hours during assigned shift as documented on flow sheet.
As a weaning process, places patient on CPAP as ordered by physician within an hour and documents in flow sheet upon completion of change.
Cuff pressures are to be measured every shift and documented on flow sheet when completed.
Tubing, handheld nebulizers and hand resuscitators are changed as per department policy and documented on patient’s flow sheet and department records.
8. Familiar with CPAP set up and administration of CPAP.
9. Maintains accurate and legible records, documenting clinical notes in patients charts.
Accurate and legible notes are to be kept in patient records as evidenced by QA.
Treatments are not discontinued unless proper notification is given.
10. Participation in reporting patient progress, and prioritizing patient condition to the next shift.
11. Proper documentation in department records. Participates in staff meetings, attends lectures, conferences and seminars.
Attends staff meetings as scheduled as evidenced by minutes of meeting
Attends lectures, seminars as scheduled as evidenced by rosters or awarded certificates.
12. Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job related hazards.
All required safety education programs have been attended.
Provides complete and accurate responses to safety questions.
Operates assigned equipment and performs all procedures in a safe manner as instructed.
Maintains work area and equipment in condition required by department standards.
Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all functions.
If Manager/Leader, provides for the safety of department employees.
13. Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, procedures and correct use of protective barrier equipment.
Assures a safe environment by instituting appropriate control measures.
Attends annual education programs.
14. Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
Interacts with all of the above in a considerate, helpful and courteous manner as observed by manager and peers
Fosters mature professional relationships with fellow employees in a courteous, friendly manner as measured by management observation and peer input.
Maintains professional composure and confidence during stressful situations.
Maintains open communication using appropriate chain of command regarding issues
Conducts all work activities with respect for rights and wishes of patients, visitors, families, and fellow employees.
Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
Presents neat appearance in proper attire and identification as required by the position, department, and administrative policy.
Continuously displays a “can do” attitude within the department and across departmental lines to contribute to the overall customer service program.
15. Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department’s/unit’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
Supports the hospital’s mission, policies, and procedures through attendance and participation at committee meetings, if applicable.
Utilizes automated system to communicate inter and intra departmentally, as appropriate.
Completes work assignments on time/readily accepts assignments as observed by manager.
Reports to work on time and is at work as scheduled, as observed by manager.
16. Makes CCA clinical rounds with medical director as required.
17. Work as part of a team of physicians, nurses and other health care professionals to manage patient care.
18. Demonstrates ability to start intravenous lines, draw blood for laboratory testing, preform EKG testing, perform initial assessment of all patients, safely transfer and move patients.
19. Understands cardiac rhythms, and identifies them on EKG
20. Understands laboratory test results
21. Assist with nursing duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of respiratory care.
- Must be registered by NBRC.
- Current certifications in BLS for Healthcare Providers
- ACLS and NRP within 6 months of hire date
- PALS within 12 months of hire date
- Must possess current Washington State license
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
- One year critical care experience.
About Confluence Health: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system with two hospitals, multi-specialty care in 30+ service lines and primary care in 11 communities across north central Washington State. Our 270 physicians and 130 advanced practice clinicians serve an area of approximately 12,000 square miles and cover nearly every corner of this region through specialty outreach. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost effective manner. Our Setting and Lifestyle: We are located in the heart of Washington State and just 2.5 hours east of Seattle. Our region offers a diverse array of recreational opportunities in breathtaking landscapes, from alpine country to the high desert, orchards to vineyards, cross country skiing to fly fishing and everything in between. Cycling, mountain biking, rafting, hiking; it is all right here. The region also offers a family friendly environment with excellent schools and cultural and art activities for the entire family.Apply