Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Pool Position
Shift: Variable Shifts
***Please note: this is a pool position, no guarantee of hours***
Perform all routine and special ultrasound procedures. Provide patients with safe, courteous and efficient care. Assist in other sections of the department as needed.
1. Prepares for and performs all ultrasound examinations.
2. Completes “Informed Consent” forms as needed.
3. Operates assigned equipment and performs all procedures in a safe manner as instructed.
4. Maintains the cleanliness of the ultrasound unit and associated minor equipment in accordance with infection control policies and procedures.
5. Follows proper protocol for each different exam performed to include all anatomy.
6. Sonographer must assist the radiologist with procedure and operate ultrasound machine.
7. Displays proper sterile technique for surgery & biopsy procedures.
8. Places lab specimens in proper location with proper labeling and forms filled in with correct patient information.
9. Required to take standby and be on call as needed. If on call, will be available within 20 minutes of notification of need. (CWH)
10. If working less than 40 hours per week, may be required to work scheduled days off.
11. Utilizes PACS, RIS, and current EMR efficiently and completes required paperwork for each examination performed.
12. Maintains licensures/certifications in current and good standing and complies with all continuing education requirements as dictated by regulatory entities.
13. Good time management and prioritization skills by having an ability to work against deadlines and work effectively with high volumes and multiple interruptions.
14. Attend department meetings and participate in all annual required training and in-service training.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
An education program approved by the ARDMS with clinical experience in ultrasound.
ARDMS registered or registry eligible and actively pursuing registry in one or more special areas (OB/GYN, ABD). (If not registered, must be registered within 6 months of hire date.)
Knowledge of the factors of ultrasonic exposure sufficient to operate equipment safely. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology for the examination to be performed.
ARDMS registered in vascular technology within one year of employment at CWH.
BLS for healthcare providers.
Other certificates or registries as requested prior to or during employment.
A working knowledge of computers, accurate keyboarding skills, and email communication.
Ability to speak clearly and concisely and communicate effectively in written form.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply