Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day/Evening Shift
Hours: Monday-Friday 12:30-9pm
This job is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of all Culinary, Dish Room and Retail employees in accordance with policies and procedures ensuring consistency in daily operations. An incumbent provides direction to all work unit employees and is responsible to train, in-service, evaluate and work with all cooks and tray line, retail and sanitation employees with direction for Food Service Management. An employee is accountable for ensuring that all food handling guidelines and regulations are understood and strictly observed, and that the standards for quality food service operation are followed. The work also includes responsibility for the accuracy of all patient menu items, tray line food temperature, temperature forms, schedule coverage and portion controls. Acts as an effective customer service liaison to all customers and hospital departments.
1. Works under the direction of the Executive Chef and Food Service Manager, directs and oversees the work of subordinate staff and ensures they understand and apply regulations and standards applicable to personal hygiene and food preparation/handling/disposal.
2. Monitors ongoing adherence to safe work habits as mandated by OSHA and internal standards (i.e. “Clean as you go”) established by Confluence Health; maintains workstations as dictated by the master cleaning schedule.
3. Manage the day to day scheduling of personnel, calling in additional staff for projects and meetings, and helps find replacement of personnel unable to make their work assignments.
4. Participates in quality improvement activities as assigned; ensures that service timelines are met for assigned areas; completes sanitation work through once per week.
5. Inventories supplies throughout the tray line and sanitation areas to maintain accurate production par levels; prepares work schedules for Patient Service employees based on maximizing productivity and cost-effectiveness.
6. Coordinates the implementation of new policies and procedures with the Manager and collaborates in problem solving and troubleshooting efforts as necessary.
7. Keeps abreast of department standards, as well as local, state, and federal agency guidelines; coordinates pertinent information and communicates changes to appropriate staff.
8. Identifies cost savings initiatives when appropriate.
9. Understands and monitors data from Temp Trak temperature monitoring systems.
10. Completes work within the appropriate time frame and meets time deadlines for projects and management duties including; response to issues, concerns, suggestions, grievances and customer service complaints.
11. Communicates regularly with the Executive Chef and Food Service Manager concerning department operational developments and the impact on the other hospital and clinic operations.
12. Monitors equipment and storage areas to insure operation, sanitation, safety and security practices are being maintained at all times.
13. Directs the cleaning and sanitation of the kitchen. Conducts monthly inspections and develops action plans based on finding.
14. Will perform monthly maintenance inspections and generate needed work requests. Will follow-up weekly on requests or until the successful completion of the requests.
15. Inspects food and food preparation to maintain quality standards and HACCP sanitation regulations.
16. Attends meetings as required to enhance knowledge, job skills and communication within the department.
17. Assists in maintaining the accreditation standards of the DNV on Accreditation of Hospitals, health department and other similar organizations.
18. In absence of the Executive Chef will, along with the Food Service Manager, assume ultimate authority for department. Their role is to be the person in charge (PIC) per the Food Service WAC 246-215.
19. Maintains a “clean as you go” work space.
20. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Obtain and maintain a Valid Department of Health Food Handler’s permit issued by the State of Washington.
- Advanced Food Safety Certification (available from NEHA or ServSafe) must be obtained within 90 days of working.
- Three years of work experience in food service, or any combination of experience or education that would demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Culinary degree or certification is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of modified diets or healthcare experience.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply