Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Confluence Health
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Preparation of monthly schedules, journal vouchers and reconciliations, audit work papers, and assisting with financial statement and statistical reporting for Confluence Health, Wenatchee Valley Medical Group and the Foundation
1. Prepare schedules and computations for various monthly journal entries.
2. Play a key role in the analysis and preparation of monthly financial statements. Identify and research budget variances.
3. Prepare and post journal entries for monthly financial statements.
4. Reconcile various general ledger accounts.
5. Assist with the annual audits of the organization. Prepare lead schedules for audit and work with external auditors to explain documentation/processes.
6. Gather statistical information for financial reporting.
7. Provide back up support for the Capital Coordinator.
8. Work with other departments regarding G/L, A/P, budget and payroll questions.
9. Perform some deposit and banking functions.
10. Represent Accounting on cross-departmental teams. Identify opportunities for efficiency in processes and systems.
11. Provide support to other accounting staff and/or leadership utilizing the general ledger, accounts payable, and other reporting for both monthly and adhoc requests.
12. Provide information in a useful manner from our various accounting systems to assist leadership in their decision making.
13. Perform testing of the accounting information systems when patches or upgrades are in process.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
15. Address patients, visitors, families, and co-workers in a pleasant and respectful manner, display courtesy at all times.
16. Respond quickly and appropriately to inquiries and requests.
17. Assist co-workers without being asked.
18. Display an unhurried and caring manner with visitors, families, and co-workers when performing duties.
19. Maintain confidentiality of all hospital, employee, patient and physician related information. Refrain from gossip and speak in low tones in all appropriate areas.
20. Demonstrate a pleasing disposition and sensitivity to visitors’, families’, and co-workers’ needs.
21. Perform related assignments as requested in order to promote positive visitor, family, and co-worker relations.
Communicate, cooperate and perform related duties with co-workers in a courteous and efficient manner to achieve overall hospital goals and objectives.
Greet all visitors, families, and co-workers, patients and physicians in a courteous, respectful and professional manner at all times. Respond to all visitors, clients, families, and co-workers with empathy and positive interpersonal skills at all times.
Handle all requests with a positive attitude at the time the request is made.
Assume the responsibility for maintaining healthy interpersonal relationships with all those working or being cared for in the hospital, outpatient, or home setting.
Demonstrate a commitment to providing the highest and most reliable quality service available on a daily basis.
Strive for positive change in your work area. Cooperate with team members in a constructive and supportive manner.
Be responsible for addressing inappropriate or unacceptable behavior on the part of a co-worker(s) in your department.
Demonstrate ethical conduct and practices.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Personal computers and electronic spreadsheet experience.
- Able to work independently.
- Must possess analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to coordinate multiple job responsibilities with time constraints.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to use computer spreadsheets to accomplish required tasks.
- Excellent skills in inquiry and follow through.
- Must maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred but relevant experience may be substituted.
- Healthcare experience.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply