Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Variable Shifts
Serves as a resource person, educator and role model in the achievement of high quality Surgical Technologist care for the Surgical Services patients. Maintains a high standard of professional responsibility and performance.
- Works in conjunction with the RN Clinical Manager to promote and educate the role of the Certified Surgical Technologist.
- Assist with the coordination of new hires and students; clinical precepting, orientation. Keeps orientation and education records current, assist in the completion of the orientee’s check list and contributes to the three-month evaluation of new staff.
- Identifies learning needs and professional self-improvement needs for the Surgical Technologist and Central Supply Technicians.
- Organize and participate in staff education
- Participates in interviews for hiring Surgical Technologists
- Responsible for CST call schedule (one lead tech will be responsible for this)
- Collaborates with the Director, Clinical Manager and/or Charge Nurse and staff to develop and maintain standards of care.
- Will act as a lead for service group(s), dialoging with surgeons, regarding training, orientation, instrument and equipment issues for this service with ongoing dialogue with the Director.
- Work collaboratively with the Clinical Manager regarding technique issues, learning needs and cross training with ongoing communication with the Director.
- Will act as a mentor and preceptor for new staff and cross training current staff members in your service group(s).
- Preference card controller; identifies and or approves any and all changes to preference cards within in you service group(s).
- Will contribute to a monthly newsletter for surgeons regarding any changes (additions’/deletions) to equipment and or instrumentation as well as training that may be occurring within your service group(s). Information to be turned into the Director the first week of each month for the newsletter.
- Relate to others in a manner that creates a sense of teamwork and the spirit of cooperation.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technology.
- Ten years of clinical experience in a variety of services.
- Current Washington State Surgical Technologist Registration.
- Current National Certification by the Association of Surgical Technologists.
- Demonstrates positive attitude and aptitude.
- Demonstrates abilities in teaching, leadership, and positive communication.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
- Not Specified.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply