Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Confluence Health
Schedule: Full Time; Exempt
Shift: Day Shift
The Infection Control Nurse will work in a coordinated and integrated infection surveillance, prevention, and process improvement program to advance patient safety and prevent infections. They will work proactively to prevent infection, evaluate process compliance, and improve infection prevention and treatment policies. Analyze and interpret data under the direction of the Infection Prevention and Control Program Manager. Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams and provide education as needed.
1. Performs infection surveillance including review of laboratory and other clinical reports; review of medical records; observation in the clinical area.
2. Establishes and maintains surveillance data for health-care acquired infections per the annual surveillance plan as determined by the Infection Control Committee.
3. Performs walk around infection prevention and control inspections within appropriate time frames with meaningful and accurate reports of areas and processes that are of high quality and those in need of improvement.
4. Identifies opportunities for improvement based on observations, process and outcome indicators, and other findings.
5. Has good knowledge of regulations and standards regarding infection control and participates in regulatory surveys as needed.
6. Inspects, consults with and is a resource to other disciplines, departments and agencies to identify problems. Implements corrective action, and evaluates its effectiveness in the improvement of patient care quality and regulatory compliance.
7. Provides education that relates to infection control, prevention and epidemiology for healthcare providers, staff, patients and families.
8. Reviews current literature and is aware of trends and issues.
9. Attends educational sessions to further enhance skills and knowledge.
10. Participates in committee and program support.
11. Deals appropriately with sensitive confidential information contained in events, medical records, reports and other documents.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Current Washington State Registered Nurse license required.
Problem solving abilities and organizational skills.
Skill in written and verbal communication.
Good knowledge and application of computer technology.
Experience in Infection prevention and control.
Knowledge of principles of epidemiology, infection prevention and control.
Skills in time management.
Ability to work independently and take initiative.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply