Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who delivers care to patients through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation. Effectively interacts with patients, significant others, and all other health care team members, while maintaining standards of professional nursing. (Washington State Nurse Practice Act, WAC, ANA Code of Ethics).
1. Demonstrates communication and interactions in accordance to Confluence Health’s Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance.
2. Perform related assignments as requested in order to promote positive visitor, family, and co-worker relations.
3. Exhibits interpersonal skills and professionalism that promotes a positive work environment.
4. Coordinates and provides high quality patient care in a caring and compassionate manor, utilizing the nursing process and unit specific standards of practice.
Accurately collects patient information needed to provide safe, high quality care. Completes holistic ongoing assessments of patient’s status and responds appropriately.
Develops, implements and continually reassesses patient’s individualized plan of care.
Provides nursing care for patients including administration of medications, completion of nursing procedures and/or treatments.
Determines and completes appropriate nursing actions to meet care goals; including the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative needs of the patient
Teaches patient/family and/or significant others appropriate health information in a timely manner and shares written informational material.
Continual evaluation of discharge plan for appropriateness, educational needs, and changes as needed.
Documents care provided, assessments, plan of care, interventions and responses accurately in the patient’s medical record.
Demonstrates ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise and professional manner.
5. Actively maintains current knowledge base of workflows, process and evidence based procedures
6. Delegates appropriately and oversees care provided by non-licensed assistive personnel.
7. Participates in performance evaluation/improvement processes with Director/Clinical Manager. Assumes responsibility for own professional development and personal growth.
8. Consistently functions within the guidelines of the Washington Nurse Practice Act, unit specific standards of practice, and keeps current with the legal aspects of nursing.
9. Accurately and concisely processes and communicates information.
10. Communicates and collaborates with members of the healthcare team including physicians, patients and families to facilitate effective patient care and treatment.
11. Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment.
Identifies patient by name and check’s patient name band for correct identification.
Demonstrates correct and safe technique in the use of equipment according to specific product information, policy and procedure manuals.
Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of safety policies and procedures; knows/practices proper body mechanics.
Demonstrates knowledge of infection control and isolation procedures and policies.
Participates in hospital emergency and disaster drills, knows personal role in the event of a fire and other emergency codes while on duty.
12. Actively participates in quality improvement programs.
Demonstrates an ongoing awareness of and participation in quality improvement process.
Incorporates results obtained through the quality improvement process into practice to enhance performance.
Reports to director/clinical manager any suggestions or recommendations for changes within the departmental policies and procedures.
13. Adheres to Confluence Health and Wenatchee Valley Hospital or Central Washington Hospital policies and unit standards as applicable.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (NLN standard).
- Current licensure in the state of Washington (RCW 18.88).
- Leadership/management experience, and/or completed formal leadership training.
- Completion of formal hospital and unit-specific orientation program.
- Must be currently certified in BLS, and recertified as required.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply