Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Central Washington Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Variable Shifts
The Pharmacist position is responsible for providing clinical and operational pharmacy services to the highest standard of pharmaceutical care principles for each patient within their area of responsibility. The position is responsible for therapeutic assessment, interventions, and plans for individual patients as well as patient populations. The Pharmacist is a valued member of the Interdisciplinary Care Team and assumes responsibility for medication-related outcomes. The pharmacist aligns with the pharmacy enterprise’s vision of improving outcomes and bringing value to our patients.
1. Ensures safe, effective, and cost-effective use of drugs on behalf of the patient through the application of specialized knowledge, skills and professional judgment, while considering the patient’s individual condition.
2. Ensures participation and compliance with hospital and departmental policies, procedures, and practice guidelines.
3. Provides audience appropriate drug information to providers, nurses, and patients.
4. Coordinates drug distribution services throughout the pharmacy enterprise.
5. Advocates for and supports formulary management and pharmacy and therapeutics initiatives.
6. Participates and contributes to department and organizational performance initiatives.
7. Provides direct supervision of pharmacy technicians and assistants.
8. Commits to instructing, modeling and coaching pharmacy staff, students and residents.
9. Reports adverse drug events and mitigates future patient safety risks through participation in medication quality activities.
10. Appropriately identifies and communicates opportunities of improvement to the medication use system and assists in solution implementation.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (RPh) or Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
PGY1 residency training and/or equivalent of three years as a licensed pharmacist in the anticipated practice area.
Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of Washington.
BLS within first year of employment, and must be maintained.
Must possess basic computer skills.
- PGY2 Residency Training.
- Board Certification in practice area.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply