Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Pool Position
Shift: Day Shift
***Please note: this is a pool position, no guarantee of hours***
Conduct routine and complex laboratory tests, interpretation of test results, instrument operation, in addition to supporting clients as they access laboratory services. Oversees laboratory practices for given lab section such as, procedure documentation, quality assurance, quality control monitoring, instrument maintenance, staff training, and preparing for various certification, licensure, and accreditation processes.
1. Perform venipuncture and capillary collections appropriate for the age of the patient in a professional manner and with minimum discomfort.
2. Perform standard laboratory analyses accurately according to published procedures and turnaround times.
3. Validate results which includes, but is not limited to, recognizing questionable results, investigation of the cause(s) of questionable results and finally to take appropriate action regarding release of test result to customer
4. Communicate written and verbal information to customers regarding appropriate specimen collection, transport, and test methodology. Able to interpret test results. Able to handle client service issues at all levels appropriately, courteously and effectively with a customer focus.
5. Interpret, initiate, and comply with regulatory guidelines as required by regulatory agencies.
6. Ability to utilize critical thinking for problem solving.
7. Ability to multitask effectively and accurately in a stressful environment.
8. Required to maintain active Basic Life Support (CPR) certification.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Certification of MLT (ASCP), or equivalent.
Two years of experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician.
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology--to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.Apply