Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Pool Position
Shift: Variable Shifts
The Medical Assistant Certified will assist the provider and health care team in providing excellent customer service and quality patient care by performing a variety of clerical and patient-related tasks. Duties may include but are not limited to: injections, measuring patient vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, pulse, respirations, and temperature), managing rooming and patient flow, pre-visit preparation, assist with the patient visit, post-visit duties, informing the provider of schedule changes that impact patient flow. May assist with front office activities, scheduling tasks and reporting test results as directed by the provider.
1. Greets patients in a prompt and friendly manner and prepares patient for exam; in conjunction with clinical team to maintain timely flow of patients.
2. Obtains and records appropriate vital signs, per department protocols or guidelines in the electronic medical record (EMR).
3. Obtains patient medical history and reason for visit; documents accurately, in order to maintain a complete and legally correct medical record.
4. Administer injections and medications as directed by the provider.
5. Assists in procedures and minor emergencies, as directed by the provider or RN with in the Medical Assistant Certified scope of practice.
6. Schedules lab, x-ray, and other tests as directed by the provider. Instructs the patient in routine collection of samples; testing procedures and general requirements by specific depts. Provides follow-up lab results and callbacks to patients as delegated.
7. Communicates with patients, relays important information to the provider and provides follow-up to the patient. Tasks may include contacting the pharmacy with medication orders.
8. Responsible for maintaining clean exam rooms, cleaning instruments and stocking items for use in the exam and procedure rooms.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
High school graduate or GED
Graduation from an accredited Medical Assisting program, with Washington State Washington State Department of Health Medical Assistant Certified (CM) or Medical Assistant Interim (IC) credential required.
Candidates that have applied for a WA State DOH, IC or CM license, will be considered.
Previous experience as a Medical Assistant in an ambulatory care setting.
Basic computer skills.
About Confluence Health: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system with two hospitals, multi-specialty care in 30+ service lines and primary care in 11 communities across north central Washington State. Our 270 physicians and 130 advanced practice clinicians serve an area of approximately 12,000 square miles and cover nearly every corner of this region through specialty outreach. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost effective manner. Our Setting and Lifestyle: We are located in the heart of Washington State and just 2.5 hours east of Seattle. Our region offers a diverse array of recreational opportunities in breathtaking landscapes, from alpine country to the high desert, orchards to vineyards, cross country skiing to fly fishing and everything in between. Cycling, mountain biking, rafting, hiking; it is all right here. The region also offers a family friendly environment with excellent schools and cultural and art activities for the entire family.Apply