Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Receives, analyzes, and processes referral and authorization requests for patients according to specific insurance requirements.
1. High School degree or equivalent required
2. At least two years of billing, coding or clinical experience preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient in the performance of basic math functions.
2. Proficiently read, write and speak in English.
3. Proficient in letter writing skills and use of effective written communication skills to convey ideas or concepts
4. Possesses intermediate computer skills (e.g., spreadsheets, word processing); knowledge of MS Office is preferred.
5. Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT coding, and medical terminology is preferred.
6. Must be a team player and maintain a positive, resourceful attitude toward achieving the overall department and MedicalCenter goals.
7. An understanding of managed care and utilization review concepts is preferred.
About Confluence Health: Confluence Health was formed in 2013 as an affiliation between the Wenatchee Valley Medical Center and Central Washington Hospital to create an integrated, rural healthcare delivery system with 2 hospitals, multi-specialty care in 30+ service lines and primary care in ten communities across North Central Washington state. Over 225 physicians and 100 advanced practice clinicians serve an area of approximately 12,000 square miles and cover nearly every corner of this region through specialty outreach. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost effective manner. Our Setting and Lifestyle: We are located in the heart of Washington State and just 2.5 hours east of Seattle. Our region offers a diversity of recreational opportunities in breathtaking landscapes, from alpine country to the high desert, orchards to vineyards, cross country skiing to fly fishing and everything in between. Cycling, mountain biking, rafting, hiking; it is all right here. The region also offers a family friendly environment with good schools and opportunities for the entire family to be involved in culture and arts.Apply