Location: Wenatchee, WA
Facility: Wenatchee Valley Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
- The Centralized Psychiatric Consultant role is varied. The main function is to provide psychiatric consultation on patients being seen in medical sites throughout the four county Confluence Health system. This role supports the work of medical providers managing patients with mental health issues at their time of need. The psychiatric provider will also be an educator throughout the Confluence Health system on psychiatric medication and delivery of services to mental health patients in support of the Medical Home Model. Individual psychiatric services are provided on a part-time basis for Confluence Health patients. The psychiatric provider also works on the Single Bed Certification Unit – Medical Unit 1 (MU1) as needed and provides comprehensive evaluations and provides recommendations for patients that are placed on the unit and within Central Washington Hospital system (pediatric, adult, and geriatric). Orders or executes various tests to provide information on patient’s condition. Administers or prescribes treatments and medications. Participates in hospitalist rounds on the unit and consults on referred patients as needed throughout the Central Washington Hospital. Lastly, the psychiatric provider may also participate in the supervision of other clinicians and psychiatric providers as well as educational presentations throughout the year.
- Essential Functions:
1. Provides consultation to medical providers on patients with presenting psychiatric issues
2. Provides documentation on consultations as appropriate in the EMR
3. Provides individual psychiatric evaluations to CH patients throughout the lifespan.
4. Maintains patients for brief periods until stable and refers them back to Primary Care Provider.
5. Refers to specialty providers as appropriate for higher level of care.
6. Evaluates and treats patients at CWH / MU1 as needed.
7. Is responsible for comprehensive and accurate coding of each patient encounter submitted the day of encounter.
8. Provide mental health services consistent with the state and ethical guidelines of the profession and the policies and procedures within Confluence Health.
9. Provide timely, comprehensive charting of patient treatment in a manner consistent with department and practice guidelines.
10. Participate in multidisciplinary staffing, family team meetings, staff meetings, and quality improvement teams.
11. Communicate appropriately and effectively with referring providers.
12. Supervises and trains students and psychiatric Nurse Practitioners.
13. Provides consultation and liaison services throughout the Central Washington Hospital
14. Provides education and training to providers, community, and staff related to mental health and health psychology issues
15. Complete specific tasks as instructed.
- Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Medical Degree with emphasis in Psychiatry. Four years’ experience for the Master’s prepared psychiatric ARNP, one year for Doctorate prepared psychiatric ARNP.
- Current and Unrestricted License in the State of Washington
- Experience working with volunteers, physicians and organizing events and meetings.
- Demonstrated superior communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in an effective and efficient manner. Must display attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Must be able to reason and think logically to solve problems.
- Ability to perform work against deadlines required.
- O = Occasional, represents 1 to 25% or up to 30 minutes in a 2 hour workday.
- F = Frequent, represents 26 to 50% or up to 1 hour of an 2 hour workday.
- C = Continuous, represents 51% to 100% or up to 2 hours of 2 hour workday.
- Physical/Sensory Demands For This Position:
- Walking Not Specified
- Sitting/Standing – Not Specified
- Reaching: Shoulder Height – Not Specified
- Reaching: Above shoulder height – Not Specified
- Reaching: Below shoulder height – Not Specified
- Climbing – Not Specified – Not Specified
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds or less – Not Specified
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds to 50 pounds – Not Specified
- Pulling/Pushing: Over 50 pounds – Not Specified
- Lifting: 25 pounds or less – Not Specified
- Lifting: 25 pounds to 50 pounds – Not Specified
- Lifting: Over 50 pounds – Not Specified
- Carrying: 25 pounds or less – Not Specified
- Carrying: 25 pounds to 50 pounds – Not Specified
- Carrying: Over 50 pounds – Not Specified
- Crawling/Kneeling – Not Specified
- Bending/Stooping/Crouching -Not Specified
- Twisting/Turning – Not Specified
- Repetitive Movement – Not Specified
- Work is generally performed in an office and occasionally in patient exam and treatment rooms, where space may be limited and confined, as well as in the community at various locations, as required. The position requires a combination of working independently, as well as working closely with others as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Hours may be irregular at times; overtime may be required. Requires working under occasionally stressful conditions.
- Physical Exposures For This Position:
- Unprotected Heights Not Specified
- Heat Not Specified
- Cold Not Specified
- Mechanical Hazards Not Specified
- Hazardous Substances Not Specified
- Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Potential Not Specified
- Lighting Not Specified
- Noise Not Specified
- Infectious Diseases Not Specified
- Ionizing/Non-Ionizing Radiation Not specified
About Confluence Health: Confluence Health was formed in 2013 as an affiliation between the Wenatchee Valley Medical Center and Central Washington Hospital to create an integrated, rural healthcare delivery system with 2 hospitals, multi-specialty care in 30+ service lines and primary care in ten communities across North Central Washington state. Over 225 physicians and 100 advanced practice clinicians serve an area of approximately 12,000 square miles and cover nearly every corner of this region through specialty outreach. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients' health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost effective manner. Our Setting and Lifestyle: We are located in the heart of Washington State and just 2.5 hours east of Seattle. Our region offers a diversity of recreational opportunities in breathtaking landscapes, from alpine country to the high desert, orchards to vineyards, cross country skiing to fly fishing and everything in between. Cycling, mountain biking, rafting, hiking; it is all right here. The region also offers a family friendly environment with good schools and opportunities for the entire family to be involved in culture and arts.Apply