Pharmacy Residency Program
The Department of Pharmacy at Central Washington Hospital offers an American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited PGY-1 Residency.
The Pharmacy Residency Program is a 12-month program with two resident positions available.
- This program enables residents to participate in evidence-based, patient-centered medication management.
- Leadership, writing, and teaching skills are developed through clinical rotations as a member of the multidisciplinary team and by participation in administrative and operational services.
- Competency is shaped by feedback from preceptors and from self-evaluation. Each resident’s learning plan is individualized.
- Residents are eligible for full benefits; they are required to staff every other weekend in the inpatient pharmacy.
- Washington pharmacist licensure is required (must be completed by September 1st).
- A major clinical or administrative project must also be completed during the course of the residency year. Project selection is a joint effort between the resident, program director, and preceptors.
Residents develop skills to solve complex medication related problems through rotations in acute care, ambulatory care and drug policy.
- Acute Care Rotations: Internal Medicine, Oncology, Cardiology, Intensive Care, Surgical
- Ambulatory Care Rotations: Home Infusion, Outpatient Oncology Infusion Center
- Longitudinal Rotations: Practice Management, Residency Project
- Elective Rotations (2 rotations during residency year): Antimicrobial Stewardship, Administration, Advanced Oncology, Diabetes Care, Pharmacy Informatics, Anticoagulation Clinic, Ambulatory Care (refill authorization, direct patient care)
How to Apply for Pharmacy Residency
1. Submit a completed Confluence Health application, consisting of:
- Online employment application for the “Pharmacy Resident” position.
2. Submit application materials via PhORCAS:
- Letter of Intent, stating goals and interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Official college transcripts from pharmacy school curricula
- Three Letters of Recommendation
3. Complete the onsite interview.
Application Deadline is January 6, 2017.