Pharmacy Residency Program
The Pharmacy Enterprise at Confluence Health: Central Washington Hospital and Clinics offers an American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited PGY-1 Residency.
The Pharmacy Residency Program is a 12-month program with four (4) resident positions available annually.
- This program enables residents to participate in evidence-based, patient-centered medication management.
- Leadership, writing, and teaching skills are developed through clinical rotations as a member of the multidisciplinary team and by participation in administrative and operational services.
- Competency is shaped by feedback from preceptors and from self-evaluation. Each resident’s learning plan is individualized.
- Residents are eligible for full benefits; they are required to staff every third weekend in the inpatient pharmacy.
- Washington pharmacist licensure is required (must be completed by September 1st).
- A major clinical or administrative project must be completed during the course of the residency year. Project selection is a joint effort between the resident, program director, and selected pharmacist project managers.
Residents develop skills to solve complex medication and healthcare-related problems through rotations in acute care, ambulatory care and leadership/management.
- Acute Care Rotations: General Medicine, Oncology, Progressive Care: Cardiology, Critical Care, Surgical/Glucose Control Team
- Ambulatory Care Rotations: Outpatient Oncology Infusion Center
- Longitudinal Rotations: Practice Management, Ambulatory (Family Medicine and Anticoagulation Clinics), Staffing, Residency Project
- Elective Rotations: Infectious Disease/Antimicrobial Stewardship, Advanced Oncology, Pharmacy Informatics, Pharmacy Administration, Contact Center (Prescription Refill Authorization)
How to Apply for Pharmacy Residency
1. Submit application materials via PhORCAS:
- Letter of Intent, stating goals and interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Official college transcripts from pharmacy school curricula
- Three Letters of Recommendation
2. Submit a completed Confluence Health application, consisting of:
- Online Employment application for the “Pharmacy Resident” position (once selected for an onsite interview).
3. Complete the onsite interview
4. Apply online at link below:
PHORCAS Application Deadline is January 4, 2019.