Specialty: General Surgery
Location(s): Wenatchee Valley Hospital & Clinics
Dr Loewen is a board certified general surgeon with advanced training in laparoscopic and thoracic surgery. He is the General Surgery Physician Manager. He is originally from Northern Michigan. He now lives with his family in Wenatchee and enjoys exploring the beautiful wilderness of the Northwest.
Education & Certifications:
- BS, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, Michigan, 1999.
- MD, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, 2004.
- Internship, General Surgery, Grand Rapids Medical Education and Research Co., Grand Rapids, Michigan, 2004–2005.
- Residency, General Surgery, Christiana Care Health System, Wilmington, Delaware, 2005–2009.
- Fellowship, Minimally Invasive/Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, 2009–2010.
- American College of Surgeons, Board Certified General Surgeon; 2009
- Thoracic and abdominal laparoscopic surgery
- Surgical management of gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Esophageal cancer
- Lung cancer
- Laparoscopic Hernia surgery
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Trained in advanced trauma life support (ATLS) by the American College of Surgeons.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Christian Medical and Dental Association