At Confluence Health, we provide a multidisciplinary approach to evaluation and treatment of spine disorders.
Many patients can be treated successfully without surgery, and this is always our ideal goal. However, for some patients and for some conditions, surgery is critical to limit or reverse neurologic dysfunction and significantly improve quality of life. In some cases, spinal cord or nerve function can be severely compromised and affect a person’s ability to walk or preform everyday tasks. In other cases, a compressed nerve can cause severe and unmanageable pain.
Our spine surgery team works closely with other specialists at Confluence Health to provide a balanced approach to the management of spinal disorders. Our neurologists provide detailed neurodiagnostic testing to pinpoint challenging diagnoses. Our physiatrists offer various injection procedures which give significant relief to many patients. Our physical therapists provide the support and resources needed to help some patients avoid surgery and to help others speed up their recoveries after surgery.
Our spine surgery team provides a broad range of services for both simple and complex spine disorders. With a wide range of services from minimally invasive procedures to highly complex procedures.
Spine conditions treated include:
• Cervical myelopathy
• Cervical radiculopathy
• Thoracic myelopathy
• Lumbar stenosis
• Lumbar radiculopathy
• Disc herniations
• Degenerative disc disease
• Os odontoideum
• Primary spinal tumors
• Metastatic tumors (tumors which have spread to the spine
from another location)
• Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
• Traumatic injuries
• Spinal infections
Procedures performed for spine disorders include:
• Laminectomy (Decompression)
• Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF)
• Cervical arthroplasty (Artificial disc)
• Posterior cervical, thoracic, and lumbar fusion
• XLIF (Extreme lateral interbody fusion)
• ALIF (Anterior lumbar interbody fusion)
• Spinal tumor resection
• TLIF (Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion)
• Cervical, thoracic, and lumbar corpectomy
• Stereotactic radiosurgery
• Minimally invasive approaches to the spine
• Spine fracture repair
• Sacroiliac joint fusion
Contact our spine nurse navigator for complex spine issues, and long term spine issues. Our spine nurse navigators will work with you and your doctor to determine what specialist at Confluence Health is appropriate for your spine issues.
To reach our Spine Nurse Navigator call: (509) 665-7948