Cancer Survivorship Program
The goal of our Cancer Survivorship and Wellness Program is to empower individuals to make positive changes to improve quality of life during and after cancer treatment. Optimizing physical fitness, whole food nutrition and good communication between you and your health care providers are key components.
• Information on cancer risk reduction, symptom management, cancer fighting foods, sleep hygiene, and health promotion.
• Comprehensive, customized notebook with care plan and treatment summary.
• Recommendations for surveillance, screening, and healthcare maintenance.
• Local, regional and national cancer resources and events
Rehabilitation and Wellness Program:
• 12-week collaborative, community-based, comprehensive program at Wenatchee Valley YMCA.
• Rehabilitation team includes experts certified to work with cancer survivors in the fields of wellness, nutrition and exercise.
• Individual pre/post physical fitness testing.
• Individualized exercise prescriptions.
• Educational classes on exercise, stress management, sleep hygiene, cancer risk reduction and more.
• Nutritional education and counseling.
• Cardiovascular, strength and flexibility training.
For more information please contact 509.663.8711 x: 2956